Which colors would you test first?
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2026 2:20 am
I have a hair appointment coming up and want to check whether Deep Summer or Deep Winter suits me before choosing a darker shade. I have been holding dark fabrics beside my face. Black gives a strong outline, yet a softened charcoal sometimes makes my features look less tired. I cannot tell whether stronger contrast is helping. The descriptions of deep summer color palette give me useful terms, but I still need to test them against real fabric. I would keep makeup the same for each comparison. I can gather fabrics with similar depth but different clarity. I plan to compare them in daylight with my hair pulled back, so the current hair color does not dominate every impression. Would you begin with muted plum against a brighter purple? I could write down which shade makes shadows more visible. I am especially curious whether the skin around my eyes looks smoother with one fabric, rather than simply noticing which color I like more. I want the test to inform the appointment, not dictate it. If you have had to separate these two palettes, which comparison pairs revealed a difference you could see consistently? I can repeat the test on another day before deciding. I would appreciate examples using ordinary clothes rather than specialized draping kits.